Saturday, April 16, 2011
Spring break is almost over:( I am very ready for summer to be here and school to be out for a while. Derick commented one night that the kids think it's summer already because they have been staying up waaaaaaaay past their regular bed time. It has been so nice though! Not having to worry about bed time or getting up at a certain time or homework, just chillin' at home - LOVELY! The weather could have been nicer, but at least the kids were able to enjoy being outside without jackets, and that's something:) Hopefully Derick only has one more class to go to and then he is DONE! The one professor is a dope and he needs to get over himself and really figure out how to be a professor - a GOOD professor! Anyway, I am so very proud of Derick. I know that he didn't want to go back to school last fall, after losing Jake. He just wanted to come home to us after work, so I admire him for continuing on, even after he really didn't want to. I can't put into words, in English or Norwegian:) of how much I love that man. He makes me extremely happy and I am so blessed to be his wife. The one thing that he has to do before being able to say sayonara to Westminster College for good, is going on a foreign trip. He chose South Africa, and he leaves on Friday:( He'll be gone for 10 days, and I am not too excited about it. He had to do this to be able to graduate, it's a part of the curriculum. He could chose from South America, Asia, Europe and South Africa. He wanted me to go with him, but since we went to Norway for my dad's funeral in January we really can't do that right now, and I also have no idea what we would have done with the kids for that long. I just hope and pray that he is safe while he is gone. Somebody told me once that it's easier to be the one leaving, then the one staying home and I believe she was right:) Oh yeah, so I got myself a new phone on Thursday! I have had the same phone for the last 5 years , so it was about time:) It is intimidating me a little bit, but I'll get over it eventually. It's bigger then my old phone and I can't just put it in my pocket, which is a bummer cause I really liked being able to just have it in there. The guy at the store transferred all my info from my old one to my new one, and today I was looking at all the pictures I had on there. There were so many of Jake. I haven't looked at those pictures in a while and it made me cry a little to see that handsome little guy. I miss him. OK, so about that Heber Valley Milk place. Not impressed. I can't believe it even passes as a store. They have hardly any inventory. There's an ice cream counter, and some cheeses and unpasteurized and unhomogenized milk, that's it! Oh wait, they also had Winder dairy chocolate milk and they charged $1 more then the store here in Midway called "The Store". To say that I was not impressed is an understatement. At least now my curiosity is stilled and I don't have to go there ever again:) I also decided to say no to what I was asked to do. I just can't do it. I seriously had a headache for 2 days because of this, and I finally felt at peace when I decided to not do it. It's nothing major, but it's something that I can never see myself doing - so I won't:) Now all I have to do is let the right people know... Our windows are open and I can hear my kids and the other kids in the neighborhood outside playing. I love that about spring and summer:) I ordered a couple of Adirondack chairs from HSN a little over a week ago and they came this week. They had to be assembled and Derick was able to do that, and today was our first day of using them - AWESOME! I think It'll be nice to sit out there this summer. Yes, spring, I am ready for you to come and stay a while IF you bring nice weather;-}
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment