I am home alone. I look out my kitchen window and it's very dark over the mountains toward the north, and when I look out my living room window it looks more like just an overcast day. There's even a patch of blue showing, and that makes me optimistic that it just might win over the darker clouds. A girl can only hope for nicer days with no rain for a while and the sun to shine for longer than a day at a time. I guess it will come soon enough, and I will enjoy every minute of it:)
Derick came home a week ago yesterday and we were all excited for that! He had a good time, but he is glad he doesn't have to make that trip on a regular basis. The school must have gotten really cheap tickets, cause they flew from here to Denver, from there to Dulles in Washington DC, then onto Senegal and then to arrive in Johannesburg. From Dulles to Senegal is 9 hours and from there to Johannesburg is another 8 hours! That's a looooooong time! They also went to Cape Town, which is another 2 hours flight from Johannesburg. CRAZY! Maybe they should have spent a couple hundred dollars more on each ticket so that they didn't have to travel like that, but then I guess tuition would have been more, since that's where they got the money from. Anyway, it's behind us now, and I for one am SO happy to have him home!:)
We celebrated Mother's Day here on Sunday - Happy belated Mother's Day to all you wonderful women! It really shouldn't be called just mother's day, cause there are plenty of incredible women everywhere that don't have that opportunity. We went and saw Derick's mother's on Saturday, so that we could just stay home and enjoy on Sunday, which we did:) Derick knows that I have wanted a nativity set for a while and they have an annual Creche exhibit here in Midway every December, with nativity scenes from all around the world. My favorite are always the ones from Africa and Asia, so what he got me for Mother's day was a nativity scene from Africa made out of banana leafs! It is awesome and I love it! The kids made me cards and they are so cute:)
Our car has decided to give us more grief. Lucky us, right? Hopefully one of these days it will be fixed and I can do what I need to do during the day and not have to wait for Derick to come home from work;-} I am thankful that we even have a car, it's just such an inconvenience when it stops working, like every other mechanical or electrical thing...
I came across this while I was reading the Ensign from April today, and I want to share it:
A prominent American judge was asked what we as citizens of the countries of the world could do to reduce crime and disobedience to law and to bring peace and contentment into our lives and into our nations. He carefully replied, 'I would suggest a return to the old-fashioned practice of family prayer.'
Looking out the window again, it looks like the blue sky is all gone, but it isn't raining, and I am glad!
I hope that the next time I write here I can have some good news about something that I can't write about yet, if I don't I probably won't mention it. How's that for suspense??? The kids are gonna be home soon, so maybe I should make it look like I actually did something today;-}
No comments:
Post a Comment