I have had a hard time wanting to write here since the new year started. I think that part of that is because I haven't really wanted 2010 to be over, but at the same time I wish time would fly. I know, it doesn't really make any sense, try being in my head - or not...
I decided to write today because we got a phone call in the middle of the night. Phone calls after midnight usually mean that something is up. My oldest brother Hugo, called at 3:30am to let me know that our dad is in the hospital and the Dr's don't think that he will make it another night. It's kind of a surprise, but not really. He has been in and out of the hospital for a year and a half. Each time though, he has been OK and been able to go home. Guess he is not going to pull through any more. I have wanted to go to Norway for a long time to visit, the last time I was there was for my little sister Marita's funeral. We are trying to decide if it should be just me, or me and Derick, or the whole family. Either way, I really want to be there for my mom so regardless of who goes or not, we'll probably leave tomorrow or Friday. I am kind of feeling a little lost right now, not sure exactly what I should be doing. I'll write more when I know more.
I am so sorry. Saying a prayer for your father, you and the family.
ReplyDeleteHey friend! Sorry about your dad. I have been thinking about you a lot lately. I hope you are ok. Ok is a relative term. Just thinking about you all the time. Love ya! Nick
ReplyDelete