I had an epiphany last night. I am so slow, cause it has taken me over 13 years of marriage to figure it out. I read a really good book and now I am reading the sequel. The first one was called 'Borrowed Light' and the one I am currently reading is called 'Enduring Light' by Carla Kelly. My friend Annie recommended these to me and let me borrow them. The epiphany is this: When a woman marries a great guy and a man marries a great woman, and if they treat each other with kindness, respect, admiration, love and unselfishness, they become something amazing! I know that I am married to the greatest guy in the world for me, and he has brought out good things in me like I never thought I had in me. When you don't try to hold people back by 'ruling' over them, it is amazing what a person can do. I honestly didn't think that I would ever get married when I was younger. Sure, I dreamt about it and about being a mom, but I think I was scared of marrying someone like my dad. He made me kind of terrified of being around guys and I know that Heavenly Father was aware of this, even when I had no idea yet myself. I know that I came to America for a reason. I think this is the only place where I felt far away enough from my dad to even start thinking about dating. After meeting Derick, I told him things about myself that I had never told anyone, and I was sure that he didn't want to get married to me after that. He actually got mad at me for thinking that, and I fell in love with him so much more after that talk. Marriage is about making the other person reach their potential, I think. Throwing out ideas and dreams and not making fun of or being made fun of. I can honestly say that I love Derick more and more each day. Of course we, as probably many other couples, get frustrated with each other at times, but that is just human. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father and His tender mercies. He lets hard and sometimes bad things happen in our lives, so that we can show Him and ourselves how strong we are, and if we are up to the task. To blame Him for bad things is crazy. We all have our agency, even if many people in this world chooses to use that agency to do bad things. Things changes all the time in this world, and I usually don't like changes, but one thing that always remains the same is our Heavenly Father, and for that I am thankful. Bring out the best in each person you meet, and they will do the same for you:)
Derick's little sister Julie and her husband Daniel had girl #3 this morning! Lily Ann is the baby sister to Emma and Mary. Congratulations, we love you and miss you!
No comments:
Post a Comment