I am listening to P4, a Norwegian radio station - LOVE IT:-) It's so weird to listen to Norwegian commercials, but fun too:-) It's really funny to hear all the English mixed in with the Norwegian. Splitter Pine by the Dum Dum Boys is the last song I heard on there, brings back memories from my youth...
OK then. The real reason I decided to write here again so soon, was that I totally spaced what day it was yesterday. It was the anniversary of my little sister, Marita's death. It's been 7 years since we got that terrible phone call in the middle of the night telling us that she was gone. It was a hit and run and they never did find out who did it. Makes me really curious as to what kind of a person can live with themselves knowing what they did to another human being, and they would have had to know that they hit someone, unless they were completely drunk or high on something. She was such a fun person and anyone that was lucky enough to know her loved her. I love her and miss her so much. I believe that it was her time to go, just like I believe it was Jake's time to go when he did, but it doesn't make it any less hard for us that are left behind here on earth. I miss my sister and my son everyday and always will, but knowing that they are together makes me happy:) I love you mamma, Hugo, Mette and Michael, and yeah, I love your crazy families as well;)
Hi Ragnhild,
ReplyDeleteWe love you to. It is always fun to sit down and read the things you write. It brings both smile and sadness over me, and it also gets me to know you better. Thank you for sharing both your toughts and experianse with us.
Marita is missed, but it is also great to have a daughter that looks a bit like her. It makes me feel that she is closer some times. But Marie is Marie, and she has a great personality.
Again, love you all.
Love
One of the crazy families..
Michael
SOOOOOO thankful for eternal families and the fact that we will always have the craziness around! I love you and I love reading your blog! :)
ReplyDeleteIt's so nice when people comment here, so thank you all for doing that:) Michael, I thought we might be able to come to Norway this spring, since Derick has to do a foreign trip with his class before he graduates, but he really has his heart set on South Africa. A lot of people want to go there so they had to set up a drawing for it, and that means he is not guaranteed to go there. I'm hoping for France so that we can 'pop' on over to Norway while in Europe. 7 years is just too long! I want to see you all so badly!
ReplyDeleteKristine, you are awesome, and I am way excited for our little girls only trip in a week!
Mary, I am glad I make you laugh, thanks for being so encouraging!
I wonder too what kind of person can live with themself after doing what that person did to your sister AND her family. How terribly sad for them! I just wanted to tell you how wonderful you were in Sacrament yesterday...to be called up out of the audience by the Stake Pres. would be very intimidating and you were AMAZING and, as always, very inspirational. I hope you have a great day!!
ReplyDelete~Mary