I bought new curtains for my kitchen window. I love the color. It's like the green color I used to write with yesterday and I absolutely love them:) Derick came home from work that night and asked if I would give him some sun glasses cause the curtains were so bright. He likes to exaggerate. It does make the kitchen very bright though, which I think is perfect for spring. It's funny the way a small thing like changing out your curtains can make you so happy:)
Derick and I went to a baptism last Thursday. A lady he used to work with got baptized and she asked him to confirm her. It was a beautiful baptism and I love one of the things they had printed on the program. I've heard it before and want to share it. It's something that C.S. Lewis said:
"Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on: you knew those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of - throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were going to be made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace."
There are a lot more going on in our lives than what we may be aware of. That is why it's so important for us to trust in Him even when doing so may not make a lot of sense to us. He is molding us into becoming like Him. Why try to do it all on our own when He is there, ready to guide us?
No comments:
Post a Comment