Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I really should be doing laundry, but I decided to write a little here instead. I did load the dishwasher and got that started so that's something, right?;-}

I went to my niece, Kristine's bridal shower last Friday. I still can't believe she's getting married!
It's actually 11 days today until her big day:)

Derick is still sick! He is getting a lot better, but this sickness has taken a lot out of him. He is just tired and has no energy and his awful cough isn't helping him any. He finally went to the Dr on Saturday. It wasn't a virus so the Dr prescribed him some antibiotics. I can tell he is getting better and I am so happy about that, cause it really sucks when he is sick. The kids have also had a cough, but they are doing a lot better. Zane still has a lingering cough, but nothing compared to Derick, thank goodness!

The kids were so sweet on Sunday, they kept talking about Jake and the things he would say and do. I am glad that they can just talk about him whenever they feel like it. We miss him so much and I know we always will, but at least we know that he is in heaven and he is watching over us:)

There's a family in our ward that lost their husband and dad on Friday. He had been in the hospital for a couple of weeks. My heart goes out to his wife and 2 young kids. It hurts to lose somebody, but that hurt is lessened with the knowledge that we have about being able to be reunited with our loved ones when we pass away too. It's hard to think that you have to live a whole lifetime before you see that person again, but it would be a lot harder if you thought you'd never see them again. I know that my Heavenly Father lives and that He loves us all and care about us all. I am so grateful for my husband and kids and everyone else in my family. I am also grateful for my friends.

Wow, that was a little bit intense - so maybe I'll write something else, like -
my mom is coming tomorrow!!! I am so excited to see her again! I know, I just saw her in January when we went to Norway, but still, it's my mom! :)

1 comment:

  1. Gullkorn!!! You are so wise, and yay! your mom's coming! Jeg kjenner til det!!! :-)
    KLEM!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete