Saturday, June 11, 2011

It's my birthday today - woohoo! I was just telling Derick the other day how it is that my birthday's started to become less fun after I turned 20. I remember looking forward to it sooooo much and counting down to it and to be another year older. Now, I really wish I could reverse time and be 25 again, but to have the life I have right now. I do appreciate the wisdom that comes with age though, so it's probably a good thing I'm not stuck being 25 forever:) After my kids were born I look forward to their birthdays more than mine. It's just so fun to count down the days with them and trying to figure out what they would like for their birthday and planning their party and having the whole family over for a celebration. Yes, it's a lot of work, but it's SO worth it. They are kids only once, and doing things like this doesn't have to cost a lot of money cause they are usually fine with just having some friends over and playing some games and eating cake and ice cream. At least that's just what we do.

Derick ran the Utah Valley Marathon today. Crazy guy that he is;-} He just got home and he looks a little tired, but I don't think it's as bad as it was when he ran his first marathon 7 years ago. Why people would do this I don't think I'll ever understand, but if it makes you happy, go for it:) As long as I don't have to...

I guess I should go and get my hair done. My sister is going to come and pick me up in a little bit, we are going shopping!:)

I love my husband, I love my kids, I love my family, I love my friends, I love my life!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment