Tuesday, June 21, 2011

This last weekend was a lot of fun. We didn't do anything 'spectacular' - we just had the family over for a B-B-Q. I love it when we all get together like that. We had hamburgers, hot dogs, yummy pasta salad that Doug and Carol made, watermelon, chips and dip and this recipe for cowboy salsa that my friend Shayla gave me. I made ice cream cake like I did for McCall's birthday, and I wish I had made 2 this time as well. It's just not fun when all you can serve people is a sliver. Live and learn, right?

Sunday was Father's Day, so happy belated to all you dad's:) We did our regular thing, went to church, came home, took a nap. Just the way Sunday's are supposed to be:) It rained a little during the day, but cleared up enough for us to go for a nice long walk later in the day.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that my car is fixed! Derick's dad and step brother Tony came up on Friday and fixed it, it was the fuel pump. Thank you, thank you, thank you!:) Now I can get around and do stuff during the day instead of having to wait for Derick to come home and chauffeur me everywhere I need to go, much to both of our relief;-}

No comments:

Post a Comment