Sunday, June 10, 2012

Derick and I just finished watching a movie called "Man on the ledge". We had never heard of it, but the plot seemed OK, so I rented it. Movies that are suspenseful so that I have to get up and walk around are the ones I love, and this was one of them. So, if you want to watch a good movie then rent this one, I liked it:) I love, love, love taking naps on a lazy Sunday afternoon. What I don't love is being awake late at night because I took that lovely nap, which is why I am on here right now writing... We went to church today, like we do every Sunday;0 and as I was walking past a classroom, my friend and also my boss asked me to come in his class for a minute and say something in Norwegian. I thought that was a little strange, until he told me that one of the kids there was visiting from Norway. Turns out his mom, grandparents and aunts and uncles from Norway were here visiting, and just so happened to come to our ward today! Some of them go to the same ward that my brother Michael and his family go to. Their last name is Svanevik. I guess one of the daughters were getting married so they all came for that. The world is not so big anymore;) On another note ---> it is my birthday tomorrow. In Norway it already is, but here it won't be for another 37 minutes. I have to say that I am loving the place I am at in my life right now. My life is far from perfect, but I don't know if I would like perfection, at least not yet. I kind of like how there is chaos at times and things that frustrate me. Weird I know. Honestly though, looking back at the first few years that we were married, trying to figure out what we were doing with our lives, I sometimes miss that. I miss the friends we made and have been separated from because of 'growing up' and buying a house, or because a job took us in a different direction. I treasure all the people that have been in my life and that still are. I wish I could have that private island of mine and dump all of us on there and we could hang out forever and ever. But that is not likely to ever happen, so I will just have to be OK with pulling you out of my memory from time to time and think of you and how I truly love and miss you all and appreciate what you have brought to my life. I am so blessed to have such a great family and friends that love me and care for me. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment