Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I really should be on my elliptical right now instead of on the computer, but I figured that I haven't written here for a few days, so what the heck.

The weekend ended way too soon, again. Derick left late on Thursday afternoon. I seriously hate sleeping alone so I was awake until after midnight, and I thought I'd be in trouble since I was driving by myself to St.George the next day, but I ended up being OK:-) McCall came home from school on Thursday and I took one look at him and could tell he wasn't feeling good. Of course, he didn't admit to that, but a little while after Derick left I felt his forehead and sure enough, he was warm. So typical that that would happen when I was leaving the next day! I didn't know if I would be able to take off the next day, but he woke up Friday morning and said that he was feeling fine, so I let him go to school and told him to call me if he didn't feel good. I never heard from him so I left. The kids spent the weekend with their grandpa Doug and grandma Carol, and as far as I can tell they had a great time and are excited to do it again:-)

It was so nice down in St.George, the weather was perfect and I wish it would be like that here all winter. When I create my own island that's how it'll be most of the time, maybe a little warmer in the summer months:) Wishful thinking...

I had all of Saturday to myself, and I loved it! It would have been nice to see more of Derick, but I did get to spend Saturday night and all of Sunday with him, even if most of it was in the car going home:) I think he had a good time doing the Ragnar relay race in Vegas. His toe doesn't look too good, but that's what you get when you buy new running shoes once in a blue moon. Maybe he'll just start doing what his cousin Kim does. She runs marathons bare feet! Nah, he's not that die hard athlete, so maybe not:) I am impressed with him for doing this, it takes a lot of work and discipline to run, in my humble opinion, so I have to give it to him for doing it:) I love you, Derick!

When you're gone from your kids for a few days it's always great to see them again. It's so nice to have family that can help out once in awhile. Thanks for taking them over the weekend, Doug and Carol!

Oh crap! I just realized that I need to clean out my freezer and make room for the chicken that is coming today! Guess we'll have something to do with chicken for dinner tonight:)

1 comment:

  1. Lol...you make me laugh! So glad you were able to get away...I'm with you on the warmth issue! Have a great week!
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete