Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Zane has been on a roll again lately:) Sunday night McCall and Zane were in our room watching TV. There was a commercial on for some princess show, and Derick of course, had to start teasing them about it:) Zane said that he had a couple of princess shows that he liked, and one of them was 'Snow White and the 7 Bores'! LOL!

Zane has had a cough for little over a week now, and I thought he was getting better, but he got worse over the weekend:( He went to school on Monday, but I kept him home yesterday and today. He lost his first tooth a couple of weeks ago at McCall's first football game, and then he lost another one Sunday night. He did not want us to yank it out, cause it kept hurting him. Finally, Derick was able to help that tooth along, and what a shocked little boy Zane was when it came out painless - priceless! So yesterday, we were talking about tooth fairies, and Zane was telling me that girl's have girl tooth fairies, boy's have boy tooth fairies, and animals have them too. Well, I told him that animals don't need them, to which he informed me that yes, the African goose does! LOL! There was something else he's said too, but I can't think of it right now, I'll have to write it later if I can remember...

McCall is still playing football. They had their 3rd game yesterday, and it was a home game, which was nice since his 2 first ones were down in Orem. Next week is their last game in Orem, they play the remainder up here. He hurt his ankle during practice almost 2 weeks ago, and had to skip some practices because of it, but thankfully he is all better now. They have lost all 3 games:( They almost won yesterday... They have not had cheerleaders while playing in Orem, but yesterday they did up here. I can't say that I like cheerleaders, but I reeeeally don't like peewee cheerleaders! It was a little painful to sit through... I guess it gave us a little comedy relief - hehehe;-} Why anyone would want to be a cheerleader is beyond me, but to each their own.

If you don't want to read about my weirdness, now is the time to stop reading and just go about your business, cause I am writing out some feelings and thoughts - don't come and tell me that you haven't been warned if you do go ahead and read...;-}

I have felt annoyed lately. It seems that I get like this every now and then where I just can't stand to be around people. My family is the only exception, thankfully! I feel so frustrated when I get like this. It just might be my way of dealing with life, I don't know, but I know I was like this as a teenager too. I just want to go and shake people into not being idiots, but that's forcing them to think like I do, and who died and made me God, right? OK, I am rambling, and you might think I need to see a professional, but writing this down makes me feel so much better! I think one of the reasons I am feeling like this now is that last Friday, McCall's school had their annual walk a thon. It's a fundraiser for their school, and each kid is given an envelope to take around to friends, family and neighbors to beg for money. First of all, I/we don't allow our kids to go knocking on doors for this, it's just not safe. Second of all, almost all of our neighbors have their own kids that are wanting money for this. Third, they give kids prizes for however much money they collect. Really??? Anyway, so I go to the school to walk laps around the baseball diamond with McCall. They encourage parents, siblings or any other family members to come walk/run with the students, which is great cause it gets people moving. OK, so like I said before, McCall hurt his ankle and it was kind of bothering him still that day. So I went and got him an ankle support thing and insoles at Walgreens. Well his shoe wouldn't fit with the ankle support, insole and sock, so he walked without a sock on, until he started getting a blister on his heel. Then I told him to just walk with one shoe off. All of a sudden there are a bunch of kids that take their shoes off, who knows why, they're 10 and 11 year old kids. Well, the principal tells one of the PE teacher to tell the kids that they can't walk or run around with no shoes on, cause it's a liability! Are you flippin' kidding me??? They are in the sun walking or running around, they are allowed 1 water bottle per student, and they can't flippin' take their shoes off??? I would like to see their principal walk or run as many laps as those kids did, and just get 1 water bottle, and not being able to take her shoes off to cool down a little. There is no way that she could even try to do it, cause she's a pretty big lady. Yea, people annoy me. I feel so much better now that I have vented!!! Maybe I can be around people again today?;-}

Just because I feel like this sometimes, doesn't mean that I do all the time, thank heaven. I am extremely grateful for everyone in my life, even if I do have to take a time out from you every once in a while:)

I also feel frustrated at times because I miss Jake. He should be here with me asking questions, making me laugh, figuring out new things and so on. I don't second guess Heavenly Father's plans, but it feels like I am missing something or I should say someone, which I am. I just have to work on being patient and wait until the time comes that I can see that precious boy again. I am enjoying McCall and Zane and all the big and little things that they do. They are such awesome kids, and I am such a fortunate woman to be the mom of such amazing kids. Derick is pretty awesome too:)

Today it's one week until my mom comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment