Last night Derick and I went out to dinner with some people we know, and some we are getting to know. It started out good, but then right after we had ordered our food, our friend Heather, got a call telling her that her son had fallen on his cousins tramp, so she needed to go see if it necessitated stitches or not. She told her husband to stay, but she called a few minutes later saying that yes, he did need to get stitches:( and she came to pick up her hubby. We had a good time, but hopefully we can do this again some time soon and none of our kids will need us (for a few hours, anyway...) He ended up getting 7 stitches in his mouth:( Hope your feeling better, Ethan! This is one of Zane's good friends and they are so much fun to listen too whenever they play:)
My mom watched our kids when we went out last night, and when we came home, I took her over to my sister's so she can stay with them until she goes back to Norway. That's the bad part of her being here, I have to 'share' her with my sis and her family;-} OK, so it's not that bad:)
It has gotten cold - BRRRRR! We had to turn our furnace on 2 days ago, it was like an ice box in our house. One thing that I have learned from my parents and that Derick and I agree on, thankfully:) is that there are 2 things you make yourself afford, and that is food that is good and not buying something because it's cheap, even if you don't like it, and the other is electricity. Walking around with layers and layers of clothes on yourself and your kids because you want to save a few dollars is just not worth it, and if you have a red nose cause of how cold your house is, then there's something wrong.
I have to figure out my kids costumes for Halloween. It's only a few weeks away, and I don't know what Zane wants to be. McCall has decided, but I still need to figure out how to do it.
Gotta go, but stay warm and comfortable!
No comments:
Post a Comment