Yesterday was our 6 month dentist appointment, and for the Davis family that means no school for the kids and no work for Derick:) We haven't changed our dentist to be up here in the Heber Valley, so whenever we go we just make a day out of it, since it's down in Salt Lake. We told the kids that they could choose where they wanted to go for lunch. Of course, they could not agree... and Derick and I didn't want Subway like McCall or McDonald's like Zane, we had Barbacoa. We were all happy with our choices:) After that we went and saw "Puss in Boots". The kids loved it, and Derick and yours truly kind of fell asleep - OK, we fell asleep:) Oh yeah, and none of us had any cavities:) always a plus.
Today, Derick is running a half marathon. I know, what is up with that dude? He just loves to punish himself, like every other marathon runners do, whole or half. He also signed up to run the Utah Valley Marathon again next year. cRaZy!!! As long as I don't have to do it, I really don't mind. I went 'running' with Derick 3 times this week. Running is in quotation marks, cause for me it's a very loosely used word, cause I mostly walked. I only ran enough to get that bloody taste in my mouth and I felt sore after, which I love and that's why I keep doing it. No, I don't love the blood taste, but the soreness after, cause then I can pretend that I actually worked out;-}
I haven't mentioned here that I started working... This last week was my third week. The one guy that Derick runs with Dan, is a Physical Therapist, and he is getting all his patients info put into the computer, and so he asked me to work there doing that until it's done, which may take between 4 and 8 weeks - who knows how long. It's actually kind of fun, I like that it gets me out of the house a couple of days a week for a few hours. And the best part is that I don't leave until the kids have gone to school, and I'm home before they are:) Perfect!
That is it for now, but I will post again next week with pictures of the kids in their Halloween costumes. Hope you all have a fun Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment