I think I need to stop reading other people's blogs. People are so creative and good with words and awesome, and it really makes me feel inadequate. OK, so I will still read them, it's like an addiction - I just can't help myself;) But seriously, there are so many awesome, awesome people out there!
Yesterday morning I woke up, looked at my phone to see what time it was, and it said that it was raining in Midway. I thought - hmm, rain huh? Then I looked outside. No rain, but BIG fat snowflakes! We had gotten so much snow over night! It feels more like Christmas now than it did 2 months ago. Mother nature, go figure, right?
I get these great thoughts about what I should write on this blog of mine, and then I turn on the computer and my mind is blank. What's up with that???
There was a farewell at church yesterday (if you don't know what that is, it's when our awesome young men or women of 19 or 21 years of age decides to serve a mission, and they give a talk before they leave, hence it is called a farewell. When they come home after 2 years, they have a home coming talk) Anyway, there were these great talks in church yesterday, and it really got me exited about genealogy. I really wish I had known my mom's parent's. Unfortunately, they died within 6 months of each other, about 6 years before I was born. It really is too bad that you don't think about asking your parents or grandparents about their life until it is too late. It isn't too late for me yet, thank goodness, cause I still have my mom so I need to start asking questions and writing down the answers. Everyone has a story, and I think it's fun to hear about people and kind of find out about what makes them tick and the reason for why certain people are the way they are.
It is incredibly weird for me to think back 11 years. I was SOOOOOOOOOOO pregnant with McCall. He wasn't supposed to be born until March 11th, but like the trend with all 3 of my kids, he could just not wait any longer than he thought necessary, and he arrived on February 18th. I feel so blessed to be his mom. He is growing up to be a fun loving and very unique young man. He has a lot of me in him, but also a lot of Derick, and I love that. His wit and smarts is definitely from his dad. I love how he is very quick with come backs, sometimes I swear I can see how his brain works:) Being a mom is the best thing ever. To watch someone grow from the time they are born is just amazing. I know him so well. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for allowing me to be a mom to these wonderful kids of mine. Life truly would be very dim if I didn't have these kiddos to keep me on my toes.
No comments:
Post a Comment