I really need to learn to think about what I say BEFORE I say it. I have never been good about that so wonder if I ever will? Anyway, if I say something stupid or something that might offend you, don't get offended - PLEASE! And I will try my best to not say something stupid or offensive, at least until next time;}
McCall had his friend party this last weekend, and of course it had to be the weekend that I got sick... I had a bad head cold with horrible headache and a gross runny nose. The boys had so much fun though, and I am glad:) McCall decided to have a Nerf sword fight, so that is what they did. They were so funny, they put capes on and were out in the middle of our street 'fighting'. I took pictures and will post those later sometime. They had pizza, shakes, soda, and everything else that goes hand in hand with a party. Never have I been so glad for the rule we have about Sunday's being family day so no friends, than I was this last Sunday! It really wore me out having those kids here all Friday night and all day Saturday, and not feeling too great didn't help. But, as I have said before, they are young only for such a short amount of time, and these are the things they will remember so it is totally worth it!:)
As you know, McCall is playing trumpet in school this year. Well last Friday he was in music class and he had his trumpet on his lap when he decided to stand up for something. As you can imagine, that trumpet fell on the floor and the mouth piece got stuck... Instead of waiting for his teacher to help him get it un-stuck, he and a buddy took matters into their own hands and tried to get it out. Bad idea! They ended up breaking it, parts came off that were never supposed to come off. So, on Monday I had to go down to Orem to the place where it was rented from and have them fix it. I was smart though when we rented this for him to get the insurance on it - it was 'only' $2 more a month, and as it turns out a very cheap thing to pay in comparison to what I would have had to pay if I had said no to that insurance. It would have been close to $100, but I paid zero! It really made my day!:) Most of the time I opt out of extras but boy am I glad I didn't with this:)
No comments:
Post a Comment