Monday, October 4, 2010

It's Monday again. Had a really nice and relaxing weekend with my family. On Saturday I went shopping with my kids, sister and niece. Got a couple of Christmas presents, even with the kids there! They had no idea what I did:) Of course, we had to go to Costco while we were down in Orem, so the kids got ice cream there. McCall had one of their yummy gelato's and Zane had just a regular vanilla yogurt. I missed Jake right then(not that I don't at other times too)but I missed him because he and Zane always shared the ice cream since it's too big for one kid(or an adult for that matter). It's hard not hugging and kissing him everyday. Please, please, hug and kiss your kids and tell them you love them everyday! Show them that you love them too by spending time with them and listening to what they have to tell you. They grow up so fast. I used to be impatient and wanting them to grow up, and now all I want is to slow it down. Enjoy all the time you have with them, even if it's doing chores or homework or whatever - just enjoy them!

This diet I'm on is kicking my butt this time and I'm HATING it! Everything sounds and looks good to me, and I mean EVERYTHING! My sister was making fun of me on Saturday because of it. But I have to say it makes you feel really awesome, which is why I'm sticking with it until I'm done and that's in 11 days...

The kids and I are going to the dentist on Friday. Derick was supposed to come with, but he had to re-schedule because of work. I didn't get quite the response I wanted from McCall and Zane when I told them where we are going on Friday. I thought they'd be happy to skip a day of school, but I guess they'd rather go to school then the dentist - go figure:-) The dentist we go to is down in Salt Lake, which is why they would be out all day. I figure since we are down in the 'big city' we might as well do some other stuff and not rush back home.

Since it's October and the month of Halloween, I guess I should put up some decorations. The kids want us to buy scary decorations, but I'm not into that, so that's something they have to do when they are old enough to buy it themselves. I love the smell this time of year brings with it. Cinnamon, apples, caramel, ginger, mmmm:) Yeah, it's time for my diet to be over so I don't just have to smell all these wonderful things but I can eat some of it too;-)

3 comments:

  1. Christmas shopping...Oh dear it seams so far away I need to get prepared.

    Hang in there...you are looking great and the diet will pay off!

    Hugs,
    Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't believe all you have gone through! Reading your blog definitely makes me hugs my kids extra tight. You are very inspiring and even if you don't feel strong I am sure that you have touched everyone in your life! hang in there and good luck with the diet! Next time I am in Midway I will stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I had fun with you and your boys on Saturday! I think we all were thinking about Jake and how we missed him! You are so strong, and I have learned a lot from you these past few months! We are all here for you sooo remember that!!! I am going to come see you soon! Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete