Monday, September 27, 2010

I am so THANKFUL for my family! Each day I grow to love and appreciate them all a little more than I ever thought possible! I am thankful for the incredibly funny prayers Zane gives, for McCall letting us know what a book or a show is about and taking as long as it would have taken us to actually reading the book or watching the show:) and for Derick giving me compliments like he did this morning and making me feel really good about myself:-) Working full time and going to school full time is not an easy thing for my man, but I am so proud of him and for doing this for our family. He 'only' has this semester and winter semester left, but it's hard to look at it that way when you don't enjoy learning what they think you need to learn!

I read one of my friend's blog last week and was inspired to write down things I am thankful for. So here it is: my mom- so happy that she was able to spend a few weeks with us, my sister and her family(including Brenton), my in-laws, running water, cool nights, my messy house, my clean house, washer and dryer, chocolate hazelnut tea, coconut mango tea(decaf, of course), autumn colors, malt machine, my hcg diet working and I can see the results fast!, lunch dates, good friends, Ingvild that I've been friends with for over 30 years!!!, and on and on and on... I think it's good for us to reflect on things that make us happy, sad and thankful. I think you get to appreciate what you've got a lot more when you do.

My neighborhood book club is reading a book this month called "Snowflower and the Secret Fan" it's about a girl that is born in China during those awful times when they still bound the girls' feet. It is so sad to see the way girls and women were treated, it makes me so mad! I don't understand how women could be regarded as almost less than the dirt under your feet. I know it still happens in some cultures today, and it makes me extremely sad. Women are needed to bring children into the world, and a mother's influence (or lack thereof )is amazing. Makes me even more grateful that I was born in a place where they don't look down on women and that I live in a country that doesn't look down on women. I am thankful to be a woman, and to be a wife and a mother. My family is THE most important thing in the whole world to me.

I kind of 'lost' it a little in sacrament meeting yesterday. I was doing fine, and then I looked over and saw Dr.Berg. He was there to help confirm his nephew, Austin. I looked at him and all the memories of the day Jake drowned came rushing back. I was surprised at myself for reacting that way, but I was also so grateful that he was able to come and help us that day, even if Jake didn't make it. I kind of didn't like doctors for a couple of weeks, but so glad that we have them. Thank you again, Dr.Berg for being at home when you were needed, and for helping us out that awful day.

My house is slowly looking like it should, and that makes me happy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm also grateful for washer and dryer, lunch dates and you!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so lucky you are my best friend!!! Right back at you!

    ReplyDelete