Last night was Zane's back to school night, tonight is McCall's. I can't believe we've already reached the end of summer, it seemed super short this year. It's because of this crazy wet summer we've had. I hope autumn stretches out and is nice and loooooong. McCall is starting a whole new school, and taking the bus. It just seems so unreal. I remember when he started kindergarten and how I thought that he was getting so big. Now here he is, starting 5th grade, playing football and he signed up to play the trumpet! He tells me almost everyday that he doesn't want to play football anymore. He hasn't even had his first game yet! But, we've told him that this is something that he has committed to, and he just can't quit when he thinks it's hard. Life's not like that. He is funny though, cause he'll come home afterwards and tell us how much fun it was. He is so like me, it's scary! My mom always, and I mean ALWAYS, had to force me to do stuff,(especially go to girls camp) but I always came home happy and telling her how much fun I'd had. I guess I still do that. Anyway, that is one thing that I wish he didn't get from me, cause you can miss out on so much! He is lucky to have parents like us though, cause we won't let him quit certain things;-}
I have started shopping for Christmas. I just hate it when it's almost the middle of December and I still have half my shopping left. Whenever the kids have told me they want something, I write it down. Now "all" I have to do is remember what I bought and for whom plus where I put it!
My mom will be here in 28 days!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment