Friday, August 5, 2011

I have been on this cleaning kick lately, and I am LOVING it! We have a walk in closet, and for the last long while I haven't been able to stand next to where my shirts and skirts are hanging, I've had to lean towards it to grab clothes. That's bad. Derick's half has been picked up and organized, can I just say ACCOUNTANT! It definitely fits his personality, cause he likes things orderly and organized. I do too, but I don't get all bent out of shape if things aren't just so. I love the smell of Murphy's oil that I use to mop our wood floors, and the smell of citrus scented pine sol I use on our bathroom and bedroom floors:)

Last night we went to see Derick's grandma Smith. She lives in South Jordan at a retirement place. She has a wheelchair that the kids love to use, cause it's battery operated. It's actually Derick's uncle Kendall, that has gotten the kids into it:) Anyway, yesterday I asked them what it's called, (I can tell at times that English is my second language) and they said a rolling chair, and then Zane said 'it's an electric chair' - lol! If he only knew what that is, right?

I just found out a week ago that my good friend Lisbeth, in Norway got married! I am so happy for her and her husband Kjetil! I wish them all the best, CONGRATS guys! They just wanted it to be a small and quiet affair, and I guess it was;-} If we were to get married now, both Derick and I agree that we would have eloped. Well, I am just glad I don't have to worry about that, cause we are going to celebrate our 13th anniversary in just over 3 months.

We FINALLY, FINALLY! heard from American Monument! But that was because both Derick and I contacted them. Derick e-mailed them and I called them without knowing that Derick had already made contact. Can you believe it? They still hadn't received the granite! When Derick corresponded with them they said that it was being shipped from China. CHINA??? Holy heck, could they get it any further away? It's not like we ordered an extremely rare granite, either, it looks just like any other that we have seen at the cemetery. They called and left a message yesterday that it had arrived, and that it was going into production today, and they say that it will be about a week before it's done. With our luck they will probably call and tell us that they are putting it up when we are in Bear Lake next weekend. This has been bad customer service. Not once did they contact us to let us know that it would be delayed. They really should refund us some money since it's past the due date. Not holding my breath on that one though.

Yesterday it was 3 weeks until school starts! It hasn't even felt like summer yet, but I guess time goes by even if the weather is crappy. I am not ready for the hustle and bustle that it will bring with it, especially the dreaded homework! It really shouldn't be legal to send kids to school for that long and then expect them to continue the process after they get home, grrrrrr! McCall has been telling us that he wants to play tackle football, so on Tuesday we went and got him signed up! Draft night is Monday, whatever that means. I have no clue whatsoever about any of this, so it'll be interesting:) Zane wants to wrestle, but that doesn't start until November.

My mom has been talking about coming to visit us again, which we are so excited about! She got her ticket this week and she comes next month!:) That will be a record this year for seeing each other, since we went there in January, then she came here in March for Kristine and Brent's wedding, and then now - awesome! Glad i deg, mamma:)

No comments:

Post a Comment