Monday, November 21, 2011

It is 3 days until Thanksgiving. For family home evening a couple of Mondays ago, we started writing down things we are grateful for. This means that from then and until Thanksgiving, each family member writes down one thing they are thankful for that day. It's pretty funny, cause Zane has insisted a few days to write down his own stuff without help, so hopefully we can understand what he wrote on Thursday when we read it out loud:) He just sounds it out and writes down how he thinks it should be written. Anyone that has or have had a kid knows exactly what this is like, and it is so much fun to see how their brains work trying to figure out the letters a word makes.

We are spending Thanksgiving at home this year. Not that we have ever traveled anywhere, but what I mean is that we are hosting it. My sister and her family are coming over, and anyone else that would like to come are invited too:) I didn't cook a turkey at all last year, so I'm kind of excited to do it this year. Hope the turkey will be thawed out all the way;-}

Since I am working tomorrow I should have been cleaning today, but I went visiting teaching this morning, and I can't help it, but I think it's so weird to clean in the afternoon, plus I have all Wednesday:) The kids don't have school that day either, so they can help out.

My friend Alyson lost her dad almost 2 weeks ago. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's about 10 years ago, which is always sad, but he was only 60 when they diagnosed him. My friend and neighbor Malinda and I went to his viewing on Thursday. The way he died was very similar to the way that Jake died - basically starving to death. It is such an in-humane way to die in my opinion. It doesn't matter if it's a child or an adult, watching someone that you love die that way is horrible, and doctors should be allowed in assisting with their passing. Now, if you have never experienced watching someone you love go through this, it is most likely incomprehensible for you to even think that it should be allowed to 'help' them pass, and to some degree I understand. I just hope you never have to be in a position where you have to make that choice, cause it is one of the hardest things ever to have to go through. OK, I got all serious and preachy again, but I just wanted to mention my friend Alyson, and that I think she is a very strong woman and a very good friend too:) Malinda and I had quite a time finding where to go:) What should have taken an hour to find ended up taking us 45 minutes longer... but when you're with a friend it doesn't really matter cause you end up enjoying yourself because of the company:)

Well, I guess that is all I will write for now. I need to start figuring out what in the world I am going to make for dinner tonight, and that is the worst part of the day for me. I always say that I need to sit down and plan dinners for 2 weeks at a time, but do I ever really do that? Nope, that would just be too easy on me;-}

No comments:

Post a Comment