Our sweet boy Jake, would have been 4 years old tomorrow. It's hard to have his birthday come and not have him here opening presents and blowing out his birthday candles. I miss that perfect little guy. I am so excited for the day that we will all be reunited again. Every once in a while, I will hear Zane in my bedroom talking to a picture of Jake, and then after a few minutes he comes out with teary eyes and will tell me that he misses Jake. It breaks my heart to know that he is missing out on being a big brother, but I know that Jake is watching over both Zane and McCall. Again - I am so very grateful to be celebrating this Christmas season, and for the knowledge that I have that it's our Savior's birth we are celebrating.
On a happier note: It is also our nephew Nik's birthday tomorrow so, HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY, NIKOLAS! We love you:) He is not very thrilled to be turning 18, as most kids are, because he doesn't want to be an adult! Funny, funny, Nik:) You'll see, good things will happen for you bud:)
Well, I am done writing what I wanted, and Derick isn't even home yet, so I will have dinner ready by the time he comes home, for once;-}
P.S - The time it shows on this post is not correct. I actually finished writing on here at 6:28pm.
No comments:
Post a Comment