Friday, December 16, 2011

I got so sad and mad at the same time earlier today. Since school is out for summer on Zane's birthday, I brought a treat for the class to celebrate his half birthday today. It was nothing fancy, just a donut for each kid, enough for Zane to feel a little extra special. Well. There is a kid in his class that is Jehovas Witness(JW) and he is not allowed to have a treat to celebrate anyones birthday. I don't have a problem with other religions as long as they are good people. But this is ridiculous. Here you have a 6 year old kid, that has to decline a treat because of the reason behind it. It broke my heart cause he got upset and started crying a little. I mean, come on! Honestly, if a religion won't let you celebrate one of the happiest moments of your life, like having a child, then why in the world would you even want to belong to that religion? I don't get it. I love Zane's teacher, she is awesome. She had a cookie for this kid, he could eat that because it wasn't a birthday cookie. Go figure! Anyway - today it is 6 months until Zane's birthday!:)

Yesterday was my mother in law, Carol's birthday, and we forgot to call her! We told the kids that it was her birthday and we had every intention of giving her a call, and we spaced it off! Sorry Carol, Happy belated Birthday! In our defense, we did have kind of a reason for forgetting. McCall had his Christmas band concert that started at 6, and he had to be there at 5:30. Still, we should have remembered. It is really amazing that parents keep on signing their kids up for music lessons, since it is a form of torture. It was pretty funny (even if it wasn't supposed to be), and I am proud of McCall.

What I forgot to write about last time, was that last week we got an email from the doctor at Primary Children's Hospital that was Jake's doctor. She just wanted us to know that she was thinking of us and she knows that the holidays can be extra tough. It was so nice to hear from her, we liked her a lot both as a doctor and person. She knows what it's like to lose someone you love, even though her experience is different. About 10 years or so ago, she lost her husband in an avalanche, and she was pregnant with their first child. She didn't have to make that hard choice of keeping her husband alive or not because he died right away, but she knows how hard it is to go through something like that, and I don't know if a lot of doctors do. We have a lot of respect for this doctor, and if you are ever in that unfortunate situation where you find yourself at Primary Children's Hospital (and I sincerely pray you never do) then this is the doctor I hope you get. Just because you have the smarts to be a doctor doesn't mean you have the bedside manners to be one, and maybe the occupation you should pursue is law;-}

Moving on ---> Today I picked up our Christmas cards, and they are ready to be mailed tomorrow:) At least that's one thing I can check off my Christmas to do list:) Only 9 more days left... I am almost ready:) The kids only have 3 days left of school this year, cRaZy!

No comments:

Post a Comment