Sunday, December 11, 2011

Last time I wrote on here, I switched the colors to be red and green. But, as you can see on my last post it's all in black - so annoyed. Let's see if it this red color will actually show up when I hit publish post...

I have not dreamed of Jake since he passed away. I think I kind of did once, but I can't really remember. Anyway, on Friday after Derick had gone to work and the kids were in school, I was sitting here at home all by myself, and I started remembering the dream I had had that night. It wasn't anything earth shattering or anything like that, but I did not want to wake up that morning, because I was with Jake. We were just together, smiling and he kept hugging me and I him. It is the best dream I have ever had, but also a sad one, since I had to wake up. Having my family around definitely helps with the loss of that sweet boy, but I still miss him so much. I ordered a flower decoration to put on his grave for his birthday, but I forgot my camera and was able to only take a picture with my phone, and I am not computer savvy enough to figure out how to get it from my phone onto here. If it still looks good next time I go there I will try to remember my camera.

Last Wednesday I had lunch with some friends, and one of them is moving. It is so sad, they are going back to Arizona which is a good thing for their family in regards to her husbands work, but so sad for us here that will miss her and her family. Maybe one day they can move back here, at least that's what we are hoping for:)

Yesterday, Derick's work Montage, had Christmas breakfast for their employees and their families. The food was delicious, and they had a guy that made balloon animals, a magician, face painting, and Santa was there. Zane got a ladybug from the balloon dude and McCall got a penguin. They both enjoyed the magic tricks, and sat on Santa's lap. When Santa asked Zane what he wanted for Christmas, he told him ----> a fence! LOL! The reason behind this very odd request from a 6 year old is that we have told him that one of the reasons we can't have a dog is because we don't have a fence. He is one smart kid, and very funny too:)

We also had our ward Christmas party yesterday. The food was OK. I don't mean to be rude when I say that it was OK, it's just that I hate, and I really do mean hate eating something that I don't know who made. Which is why I always ask 'Who made this?' before eating anything at a potluck. Catering is the way to go when feeding that many people, in my opinion. The program was wonderful, though. We are so fortunate to have the very talented Michael Webb and his wife Angie in our ward, and they were in charge of the entertainment after dinner. He wrote the song "Like a Lighthouse" and that was one of the songs he performed last night. Love, love, love that song and his voice. And hearing him perform it in person makes it so much better. Leaving the party last night made me in such a great mood and I wish I could have that feeling with me the rest of the Christmas season, and longer.

Derick started getting a chest cold a couple of days ago. I just hope that the rest of us don't get it, and that he gets better soon. Guess it is the season for all kinds of illnesses, just hope it leaves us alone.

It was also my mom's birthday yesterday - Happy Birthday, mamma! Kjempe glad i deg!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment