This time of year it seems that most everyone have gone out and taken family pictures. That was something I wanted our family to do too this year, but alas, it all ended with the thought:( But as I have been contemplating families and pictures, I have to say that we were inspired to take a family picture before Jake passed away. Trying to set a date, and coordinate what the kids and Derick plus myself should wear, and where in the world we should take the picture is enough to make my head spin. I will forever be thankful that we were able to do just that though when we still had Jake with us. Looking at his cute pictures is such a priceless treasure for our family. I was reading a friends blog, and she wrote how she has been putting together an album for each of her kids. What a woman she is! Sadly, we have 13 years worth of pictures sitting in those boxes from Costco that you buy a couple of gallons of milk in. Whenever my mind goes to all those pictures I feel so overwhelmed, and I wouldn't even know where to start. I should hire someone to go through it all and make some sense out of it...
McCall came home with his midterm report card yesterday, and I am so proud of that kid! He got all A's, and Honors in all the classes that gave honors! What a kid:) They are both doing really well in school. Zane has actually pleasantly surprised us with everything he does. At the beginning of the school year I was kind of worried about how he would do, since he had no interest whatsoever in reading. Now I am wondering why I was so worried:) They have Derick's smarts, that's for sure. McCall actually has to make a little house with working lights from a battery, for science. I will take a picture of it when it is done.
It seems like there are always things that I think about during the day that I want to write on my blog, but when I finally sit down to blog I can't seem to remember what it is that I wanted to write! Maybe I need to put a couple of reminders down on paper.
No comments:
Post a Comment