Sunday, August 15, 2010

Had a really great weekend! Kicked it off on with my niece, Amanda on Friday. Derick and the boys went on a father and son overnighter with our ward. I didn't want to be alone, so Amanda was nice enough to come over. We had pizza and ice cream and watched a chick flick. Thanks Amanda for staying with me, I love you, cutie girl:)

On Saturday I went shopping with Amanda and my sister. Then when the boys came home, and they had showered, we went and did some errands down in Salt Lake before ending up at our friends Ingvild and Chris' for dinner. Had a really nice and relaxing night with our good friends. What is so great too is that our kids are very close in age, and even though they only have girls and we only have boys, they get along incredibly well. Of course, they occasionally don't, but for the most part they do. They actually thought they were cousins for a while, cause we'd go on vacations together and spend holidays together. If we could hand pick our relatives, they would definitely be one of the first ones on our list! So, Ingvild, Chris, Hailey and Emma, thank you for letting us come and have a fun time with you all, we love you:-)

Today we went to church. Sunday school got to be a little interresting at the end, but I'm not even going to go there! After church we hung out at home for a while before going over to my sister's for dinner. Not cooking three nights in a row, what a treat! Had another great evening. We played a game called "Imagine iff". Zane is fun to play with, you might win with him, cause he cheats but doesn't realize it always. He can be very oblivious at times:)

Derick's mom and Brent dropped by for a quick hello tonight. They went with us to the cemetery. It's so nice and peaceful there. Kind of sad that the weekend is over with, but I am also excited for this week to start. My mom will be here in three days, and we can hardly wait. My kids are way excited to see her again, and I know that my nephew and nieces are too:-)

3 comments:

  1. We had a blast, too! And every time you leave I wonder why we don't do it more often..... you guys are such great friends!!!!!! And I loooooooove your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ragnhild, Thank you so much for continuing your blog. It is very uplifting to me - I'm a faithful follower. I'm so happy for you to have your mother coming to visit - ENJOY every second. I loved the time I was able to spend with my mother - she's been gone now for almost 18 years and I truly cherish the times I was able to spend with her. I hope you have a marvelous time. Thank you again - you are a very special family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to hear that your family is doing well and enjoying your time together. I am sure it will be wonderful to see your Mom- what a blessing that will be.
    Thank you for continuing to share your joys and sorrows- it reminds me to live life to the fullest- Thank you.
    You family is still in my thoughts daily.

    ReplyDelete