The next picture I'm in I gotta wear some make-up! My excuse was that I don't worry about that while I'm camping or at the beach.
It really was nice to get away for a couple of days, but boy were we glad to come home to our own bed. We decided to just sleep in the back of our Tahoe this time, instead of setting up a tent for only 2 days. Well, the fact that we are NOT 5 anymore must not have been something we considered for too long when we made this plan. Holy cow did our sides and backs hurt! Maybe we'll rent a camper next year. Gotta say I like camping Marriott style a little better...
Missed Jake a lot today. It's nice to do things and get distracted for a little while, but when it comes down to it I think about him almost all the time. I know that Derick does too. That's why it's so nice to have our friends and family, so that we don't have time to sit around and feel sorry for ourselves. We appreciate everyone wanting to include us in whatever they're doing. Thank you!
Great pictures (on all your posts)...I noticed that you were sporting quite the tan yesterday at church! Glad you had a good time and I can only imagine that the ache of not having Jake there with you will always be there. You're an amazing family and such an example to us all. Thank you for continuing on with this blog...you're one of my daily favorites!
ReplyDelete~Mary