Friday, August 20, 2010

It has been a busy but fun week so far. Derick and I went to the Dave Matthews Band concert on Tuesday. I heard on the radio back in March or April sometime that they were coming in concert and the tickets were free, cause they had cancelled in Salt Lake a few times. Didn't think I'd be able to get any tickets, but I still tried, and I got them! We didn't know if we'd go or not, but decided why not? It was INSANE to get there, and we'll never do that again. Why? Because it's so far out! 6000 something west and 5000 something south - crazy!!! And traffic was horrible. We had a good time once we got there, but we only recogized a couple of songs... It's almost more fun to people watch when you go to places like that. There are incredibly many weird people on this planet, us included. I really wonder if people have mirrors that they look in before they go out. Stacy London and Clinton Kelly from TLC's "What Not To Wear" would have a field day there... Seriously though, do people really have that little self esteem, or just incredibly bad taste? Makes you wonder.

We went to Lagoon on Wednesday. The kids had a blast! Zane went on all the rides he was tall enough to ride on. I'm kind of glad he couldn't go on all of them, cause then I didn't have to... I am such a chicken when it comes to amusement parks. I am perfectly happy going on all the kiddie rides. I thought for sure that Zane would be too scared to go on some of the ones he did, but he loved it. McCall has always loved all the rides. Derick dislikes it as much as I do, but he is awesome and goes with McCall, I just can't. We did have fun, we love to spend time with our kids, they are so much fun.

When we left Lagoon that night, we went to the airport to pick up my mom. We were so excited to see her again. She probably thought we had forgotten about her, cause we were a little late, but I had completely forgotten that there is no more Northwest, Delta bought that company, so we were in the wrong terminal for a few minutes before I realized it.

Yesterday we just hung out at home, which was just as well since it poured down most of the day. This is kind of funny, but the first dinner my mom has whenever she comes, is KFC. They don't have that in Norway, the closest country to get it is England. So, we always know what dinner is the first night she is here:) Mette and family, you guys can have that with her as well:)

Today we are going shopping...:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment