Tuesday, September 7, 2010

This past weekend was fun. Friday and Saturday was Swiss Days and I helped out in the scone booth for a few hours. We were busy the whole time! I went back that night with Zane, my mom and sister. McCall chose to go to his friend Bram and play. Derick was in the scone booth from 5pm until they closed (they were supposed to shut down at 8pm, but they went a little longer) We went and saw him while we were there and he was hilarious! Looked like he was having fun, and I'm glad he did:) I wanted to go help out again on Saturday, but it was Derick's birthday and we were having family over that night, so I knew I would be stressed out if I did. It was great having everyone over. I actually 'assigned' people to bring stuff so that I didn't have to do it all, and wow did that make a difference! I am doing that from now on!

I was kind of crankedy on Sunday. I'm thinking it might have been because we took my mom to the airport so she could go back home to Norway. It was so nice having her here, and I hope we get to see her again in not too long. Zane was being his funny self when she was here. One day he asked her to speak English, and she asked him why? He answered her that it was so funny to hear her speak:-) Kids and drunks, they'll tell it to ya!

Yesterday I went and bought paint for the boys rooms. Since Derick had the day off we decided to start painting. We've got one room down, so one more to go! We want to paint our living room too, but I need to figure out a color. Derick doesn't like picking colors, so it's up to me. I'm kind of thinking maybe an orangy color, but I would also like brown. Hmm, perhaps I should bring home some samples.

McCall has had a cough for a few days and he called me from school wanting to go home. I let him, it's no fun coughing like he is, and having a sore throat. But I think he needs to just tough it out tomorrow. He has been acting just fine here at home, which could also be because I gave him a couple of different medicines. I have to remember to give him some before school tomorrow and maybe I'll stop by and give him some more when I drop Zane off.

Today was Zane's 1st day of Kindergarten, I can't believe it! I cried a little before I took him, but I had it under control pretty fast. It's going to be weird not having him here with me all day. I always thought I'd have a few hours a day with it being just Jake and myself. I feel robbed in a way of not having Jake do all the other stages in life that McCall and Zane have gone through. Don't know if I'll ever get used to only having 2 kids at home. I thought having 3 kids was such a perfect number. Yes, I will always be the mother of three, but it's not the same when one is in heaven and you don't get to see him everyday or experiencing life with him. I am not ready for this life to be over, but I will be thrilled the day I get to see Jake again. If you don't believe in life after death I feel bad for you. Why would you go through this life doing all you do if this was it? I am so thankful for the belief and knowledge I have. I love Derick and my kids so much.

My house needs to be picked up again, so maybe I should do something about it. I am going to book club on Thursday, and although I've had the book for over a month I just haven't felt like reading it. Maybe I'll do that instead of housework. I'm good at making excuses for not cleaning. I think I'm surrounded by people who have immaculate homes, wish it could dribble onto me just a little bit. Ok, I've had a little battle with myself and I think that cleaning won.

No comments:

Post a Comment