I think Zane is having fun in kindergarten. He started singing a song yesterday that he had learned there. R-E-D, RED, that spells red, firetrucks are red and stop signs are red, R-E-D, RED, that spells red. It's SOOOO much fun when they get excited like this because they have learned something new. I love it!:)
McCall came home with a list of spelling words for the month of September. He thought it was pretty boring because the words are just soooo easy! Well, they are still just reviewing what they already know, and he might not want to complain too loud, cause I have a feeling that things are about to heat up a little... He does pretty well in school so hopefully he'll be able to deal with whatever comes his way. By the way, there was one word that got him. Forty. He spelled it fourty(which I think a lot of people do) but the correct way is without the u when it's forty. So if you didn't already know that, now you do;-)
Went to book club last night and had a great time. The ladies in this neighborhood are awesome. Actually all the neighbors here are. We read the book that Nicki Scott's mom wrote called: "Return To Honor". It's a book about a German's perspective during World War 2. One of the reasons I liked it was because all other books I've read about this(not that I've read that much about it)has been from Holocaust victims or an American perspective. Interesting to see how most of them got under Hitlers 'spell' and just blindly believed in him. Scary! I also learned something I never knew, and I don't think that any of the other ladies knew either. There was actually a POW camp here in Utah, down in Salina! Who knew? War is such an awful thing, wonder why we humans can't just learn from past mistakes. Guess there's just too many people that want power. Pretty sad, cause I've never met anyone that I think is superior over anyone else, but there will always be khaki people, unfortunately.
I have a heap of laundry on my bed that I need to fold. That dang cleaning lady has been reading all day instead of doing chores! The laundry is calling me...UGH!
Taylor sang that song last year! Now you will get to learn all the color songs! I can't believe our house is for sale! I wish we could buy it, I loved that house and miss is. Taylor asks all the time when we are going to move back but I don't think she really remembers it. Hope things are going well for you.
ReplyDelete