Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Midway sure is a busy place to live this time of year! There are happenings all over the place in preparation for Swiss Days. If you have never been here for this event, then come on! Unless you hate crafts and shopping and people everywhere, then Labor Day weekend is not the time to come visit our beautiful city. It's insane how many people can fit into such a little place! I think it's fun and I love it:) Derick on the other hand can't stand it, so he keeps away as much as he can. He doesn't have a problem setting up booths and helping out that way, it's when the crowds come that he flees...

We have such old cars that whenever it's time to renew the tags I get a little nervous. What will the car fail this year? Is it going cost a lot of money, is it going to be hard to fix, is it something relatively easy so Derick can fix it himself, and on and on and on. At least here in Midway we 'only' have to do the safety inspection. I took the car in this morning, and it passed - Woohoo!!:) Our other car needs new tags next month. I will be so happy when we can buy new cars.

Just talked to my neighbor, Dawnelle, and we both agree that we would rather just sit and read books then do chores. The only down side with that is that we're married and our husbands wouldn't like to come home to a mess, which at least my husbands does a lot, unfortunately... But that doesn't necessarily mean that I've only been reading all day. I've probably been shopping or visiting with neighbors or done laundry or cleaned the bathrooms. Actually, Derick has changed a lot since Jake's accident, and having a messy house is the least of his worries anymore. Not that he doesn't want it clean or neat, it just doesn't get to him like it used to.

Sitting here wondering what to do with the rest of my day. It's not fun to do chores when my mom is here, I can use that excuse, right? Speaking of my mom, she leaves on Sunday, and that makes me sad. It's been good having her here. It will probably be nice for her to get home again, cause living out of a suitcase is no fun. Gotta go and get some rootbeer and ice cream as a treat for Young Women tonight.Mmmmmm:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment