Wednesday, August 4, 2010




There's nothing quite like waking up to the outside door opening and your husband yelling softly for you to hurry and put some clothes on and come outside. This is what happened: Derick went out into our garage to get some spray paint to paint some frames and some things had toppled over. He started to pick some stuff up, when he saw something move - a skunk! It had been hanging out in our garage all night long!!! Luckily it did not spray him, me or anything in the garage. By the time I had gotten our camera, the little sucker was on his/her way out, thank goodness! It must have gotten in there last night when we left it open to go and have some yummy homemade raspberry dessert with our neighbors, that she had made from their raspberry bushes. From now on we are going to be very dilligent in keeping the garage door closed! It still makes Derick shudder to think of how incredibly close he was to getting sprayed.

3 comments:

  1. Yea, I am glad you figured out how to post pics all by yourself!! Glad the skunk didn't spray because I would much rather smell the fresh rain than skunk. Hope it has gone to another part of town, but I will keep my garage down too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIKES!! Good to know...I smelled the little fella (or one of his buddies) during the night. All this crazy weather probably has them neurotic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will blame you pet for spraying my dog! if are missing the smell then come down and you can sniff or just wash our dog! angie

    ReplyDelete