This is turning out to be a busy week too! On Monday we had our not so annual neighboorhood B-B-Q. 4 years ago when we had our first one we wanted to make it a yearly end of the summer thing, but that never happened. It was fun to see our neighbors together like this, just wish more of those rascals would come:-)
Last night we had our back to school night meeting at the school. McCall got to meet his new teacher for the year, Mrs. Kinsel. She seems like a nice teacher, but time will tell... Only kidding, I think she'll be great:-) I'm planning on helping out a lot in both McCall's and Zane's class, so hopefully I'll get to know their teachers. Actually, Zane's kindergarten teacher I know, she's a friend of mine, Shauna Kohler. Awesome lady. Watch out Midway Elementary, I'm planning on spending a lot more time over there then I ever have!
Today my sister had a day off, so we went to IKEA. It's kind of funny that my mom goes to IKEA when she's here, since they have them all over in Norway, but she likes it. At least that's what she tells us:) I got some flower pots there and a couple of other knick knacks. However, I did not get any chocolate. Yay for me:) We also did some other errands, nothing to write about though.
Derick started school again tonight:( But, he only has 2 semesters left! Hopefully it'll go by quickly for all of us. So proud of that man and all he does for us. I love him with all my heart:)
Today will be over soon, and tomorrow McCall will be a 4th grader! I have mixed feelings about this summer coming to an end. I just want to erase all of July, but I also want it back. I almost wish I could skip ahead a year, but don't want to miss out on what this coming year has to offer. I just hope and pray it's something good:)
I am so sorry for your loss. You don't know me, but my friend Lee told me about your family and asked me to pray for you. So I have been.
ReplyDeleteBlake and Ben had Kinsel and she is great! Getting the kids back in school is CRAZY!
ReplyDeleteWishing you guys all the best ;)
I remember that BBQ 4 years ago! I bet the neighborhood has changed a lot since we were there. I hope this year will bring you something good! Your family deserves it!
ReplyDelete