Monday, August 2, 2010

I talked to my mom on Saturday, and she was telling me that she enjoys reading what I write here and she kind of hinted that I needed to post something new, so here I go:)

We are soooo excited for my mom to come and visit in 16 days(we're not counting days, or anything;-0) It's been too long since we saw her last. It's also fun that she'll be here for Swiss Days, which is something she has heard about, but never been too. I'm sure she'll wish for an endless supply of money and a way of bringing things back home to Norway. My opinion: airlines are charging us way too much for something that was included in the price just a few short years ago...

Derick, the kids and I went to Bridal Veil Falls last week. What a beautiful place. I took a tonn of pictures, but can't figure out how to get them on the blog, computer illiterate me! Somebody, please help!!! It's a shame how often we just take things for granted, like that place. We'll drive past it and think or even say out loud that we need to go there one day, and that one day never comes. We have got to stop saying it, and start doing it, so we are trying.

Derick went back to work today. It feels so strange not to have him here. But we knew he had to go back, and we'll be ok, just something else for us to get used to again.

We have decided that once a month we'll invite different families for family home evening. We are starting that out tonight by having my sister and her family over. We figured we'd start easy, with someone we know, and then go from there:-) You are warned, one of these days it just might be your family;-0

McCall has been invited to go play with a friend he hasn't seen or played with in a long time, and he is ready right now, so guess that's my cue to be done for now.

Hope this makes you happy, mamma:) Glad i deg.

5 comments:

  1. I will help you put pics up when I put maddy down for a nap around 3:00

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only does it make your mom happy, it makes me happy! You are an amazing person. Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ragnhild~
    You are amazing and i truly look up to you! Thank you so much for posting your days, it is so nice to feel close to family. I hope your week goes well. Love you and thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girl my cousin sent this out to the my family and I think it was meant for me and your family to hear... Hope you enjoy. Love Ya. Kary

    I have really realized this week, that in life we are meant to have Joy.... Something interesting about Joy is that it doesn't depend on situations or on other people.... it is something found within ones very soul.... This Joy can only be found when ones life is centered on our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that our purpose in this life is to learn through our trials to be happy... I know that Jesus lives, i have felt His love and i have also felt the cleansing power of His atonement in my own life. If at any moment you have a doubt of Gods love, then get on your knees and pray, answers will come... We all have different callings in life, and each one plays a part in Gods plan. I pray that each one of you can find joy in the journey and peace in Jesus Christ.
    Elder Petersen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire you so much. So thankful your mom gets to come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete