The funeral to our nephew Ethan, was beautiful. Bryce and Mar had written some really nice things. It made us cry, but in a sad, happy way. Weird, I know.
The kids are having a sleep over in the living room. Derick fluffed up the love sacks and now they are all on their way to dream land. It's incredibly nice that McCall has such a good friend in Bram, we don't get tired of that kid:-) Wish we could just bottle up their sweet innocence. To be 5, or even 9 again, with no cares in the world other than who am I going to play with tomorrow, and at whose house? Nah, on second thought, I'm very happy with my life right now. I've got a wonderful husband and awesome kids, why would I want to relive my teenage years?
Well, guess I should go and see if my dear husband is still awake or not. I know the kiddos are almost asleep, and hopefully so will I be soon, the morning comes too early, especially when there's a sleep over... Who named it 'sleep over' anyways?
You're amazing! First of all, I want you to now that Jake's funeral was BEAUTIFUL! And to watch you, Derick and your boys pay such sweet tribute to him is something I will never forget. McCall and Zane are great boys and I'm so happy they have great friends. I am so sorry you have had so much sorrow lately. You have handled things with so much grace and dignity and are a beautiful example of strength and faith to all women. I pray that every happiness can come your way and that your sweet memories of your precious Jake can sustain you until you meet again! Thank you for keeping this blog up...you touch my heart!
ReplyDelete~Mary
I would like to second what Mary said so sweetly and beautifully. I am amazed (well shouldn't be) with your faith and great attitude. It's true. You are stronger than what you think. Do you remember our discussion about challenges we could or couldn't handle? I remember you talking about loosing a child and how you wouldn't be able to handle that.....well, you are stronger than you think. What a blessing it is in my life to know you and your sweet spirit. In my blessing it talks about seeing peoples spirits. Wow, have you shown your sweet spirit. Your husband and children are so lucky to have such a strong wife/mother. I too, just love your blog. It truly strengthens me daily. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteWith love,
Shauna
I stumbled upon your blog and I just want to say I am truly sorry for the loss of sweet Jake. I know there are no words to take away the pain or ease the heart ache, but at the same time I am one who mourns with those that mourn. We have two angels, Lilly and Ryker. Neither one lived to be two months and we lived the PICU life with our second and I pray I never have to be there again. Your boys are so cute and what precious little ones. I know there will always be the ache to have one more day with cute Jake, but I can also attest that Jake looks out for you and is near to his dear family. Those are the moments I look forward to, and try to stay happy for our son.
ReplyDeleteHeart hugs,
Emily