Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The doctors are doing their morning rounds again, and I told them that they can talk amongst themselves. Derick is asleep and unless they have something new to say I really don't need to hear them being negative. I'm sure they think we're weird, but I am way beyond even caring what they think of us. We'll do this for a little while longer, and then make some choices if there is no improvement.

Jake's blood pressure is still high, but he seems to be a little calmer. He is pretty stylin' in his hospital pants(diaper)and high tops:-) If you don't know what high tops are, they're shoes that they suggested him wearing because his feet were 'leaning' forward.

Our nurse just came back and told us that they are adjusting some of the medicines he is getting, to try and get his storming a bit more under control. Anything to make him rest better.

9 comments:

  1. Just keep talking to Jake as if nothing is wrong. You have such a beautiful and abiding faith. It is so uplifting. Your faith is so amazing. As are you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only is Jake a beautiful boy, your other boys are handsome little fellows too. Keeping all of you in our thoughts and prayers. Faith preceed the miracle...Thank you for the updates and good for you for not caring what those doctors and nurses think!
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ragnhild and Derick-
    My prayers have been non stop for Jake and your family since first learning about it. It is most amazing to read about the faith you both have. Too many people have lost that or have never had it. I believe it is what gets us through life. The Drs. may need to be there for the medical purposes, but it truly in Gods hands. Here is a quote that I love and I thought you may enjoy.

    God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, or sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

    My prayers will continue for a miracle in whatever form our Heavenly Father sees fit.

    LeeAnn Scolere
    (a work friend of Derick's)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the updates, I constantly am thinking about all of you and praying for a miracle. You are being so very strong and I admire you for that. You have such a beautiful family. I hope today is a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is beautiful. All your boys are. What a family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Continuing to stand on Jake's behalf in prayer. Strength to you dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't get to come see you before we left for the Trek. I don't blame you for not caring about what the doctor's think. You have to go with your own feelings about things. We will be thinking of you as we climb the mountain! Love you both! Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so strong. Hang in there. So many prayers are going to Heavenly Father in your behalf. You have been a strength to so many. We are all sending strenght and good thoughts your way. You guys have been amazing. Prayers continue.
    Lee Pratt

    ReplyDelete