Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The feeding tube was put in correctly, yay!

It's still pretty sad to see how much he is storming. They say that's very common with brain injuries(have I said that before? I can't remember, guess I should go back and read what I've written) The storming is what makes him move around a lot and he sweats like he's been running a race. It can last anywhere from a few days to weeks, and he is on a medicine to try and control it.

His brother's came and visited him tonight. Zane can be like a little whirlwind, but he can also be calm, even if it's only for a few minutes at a time. He doesn't really understand everything that is going on with Jake(don't think any of us do), but my gosh, his prayers are sweet! McCall's prayers are sweet as well. The faith and belief of a child is awesome. We talked a little with them about not always having our prayers answered the way we want them. No matter what, I know for sure that Heavenly Father loves us all. Especially when life gets tough.

Everyone that sees Jake tell us what a beautiful boy he is.

6 comments:

  1. You and Derick and sooo strong and good examples to your boys! :) I love you all soooo much! I am glad I have had the opportunity to spend sooo much time with them these past couple weeks! Not under the circumstances but I love being with them no matter what! They are so fun to watch when they play together! :) I love you! Thank you for your great example and faith! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, thanks for posting your thoughts. Your family is so blessed to have you as a mother and wife. Your testimony is so strong it helps me to want to be better. I love the pictures. They are adorable. -Thacker Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Derick made some darling boys who are so well behaved. What great parents and examples you two are for them. We sure miss seeing all your faces at home. Keep fighting little Jake, we know you can do it! Keep your strength Ragnhild and Derick and keep believing in the power of prayer. We love and miss you all.
    Tiffany, Isabella, Arlene and Binky too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to tell you how cute Isabella was last night during our prayer about Jake....anyway, I am praying and crying of course, Izzy looks at me and says "mom, why are you crying? You should be happy, Jake's brain will heal mom and he will come back home". Kids are so in tune, we must believe in them. I love you all
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am praying constantly for you all that you will be encirled in the arms of peace and comfort. Your faith is inspiring. I know Heavenly Father has a plan and I have complete trust in his plan as I know you do. Ragnhild, your comments are so filled with faith. I know Heavenly Father is blessing you and Derick and your sweet child is in his tender care. Keep the faith. We will continue to pray for his return to health. Love, Lee Pratt

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am aware of your situation and have been sharing it with many others. Let's just say there are many people that have never met you praying for a miracle! :) I'm so sorry for what you have had to endure this past week. You are an amazing family! Keep praying and you are in our thoughts and prayers. You have a beautiful and strong family. We are all learning every day. Thank you for sharing your feelings and hopefully it's a good way for you to heal! :) keep smiling and trust that our heavenly father knows what he's doing. Sending lots of love your way! :)

    ReplyDelete