Ok, I am SOOOOOO over doctors!!!!! The way they make you feel SUCKS! We have just visited with 3 incredible people, and I'm so glad that they have been here to lift us up. Even in sorrow there can be happiness and doctors just don't get that. We know things aren't looking good, but come on! No matter what, I am not going to be dragged down, we have our other 2 kids to think about, as well as ourselves.
Jake had a bath this morning, and of course it got him agitated again. But I've decided that that is his way of showing them how he feels about this whole situation. Being pounded on, twisted, turned, prodded(is that a word, prodded? Doesn't sound right)I would get agitated too. He bit his tongue and drew blood, so they put a thing in his mouth so he won't do it again. Medically, there is no change. Keep praying for him, please.
Hi I know you don't know me, but I grew up with Derick. I considered him one of my very best friends. I am so sorry to hear about your little guy, but miracles do happen. I don't know if Derick remembers this but my son fell into my mom and dad's pond at 15 months old and when we got him to the hospital (Primary's) they told me he would not make it threw the night and if he did he would be in a veg state and would never recover. He is now almost 16 years old and will be going into the 10th grade at Bingham High School.And he is fine. I hope everything turns out for you and your family. Derick and his family have always been so good to us, it has been along time since I have seen Derick, but I Talked to Barbara not to long ago and she told me all about your little family. You are doing a great job as a mother and a wife, Please let Derick know I am thinking of all of you at this time. God is good!!! Love Lori Taft Ballaine
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to tell you how much you mean to me. I am hopeful for Jake and I do know that miracles happen every day. It sounds like you understand that a miracle could mean Jake returning to live with our Heavenly Father. But it could also mean staying here on earth with his family. Kent and I will keep your family in our prayers. I am thinking about you constantly. Please call me if you need to talk. Love Shauna
ReplyDeleteRagnhild, I hope you like the pics. If you want me to move any and put them in a different place or take them off let me know. You can also do it if you click the little tool icon when you are logged in. Misty said she would try and get Jake's baby pics later this week and I will put those up too.
ReplyDeleteDawnelle
Ragnhild,
ReplyDeleteSometimes Dr's don't think about the way they say things. Miracles do happen every day but sometimes miracles are not perceived the same by everyone. You and your family will remain in our thoughts and prayers.
Sandy/Randy Meyer and family.
Ragnhild and Derick - you are both amazing people! I can only hope that in the same situation I would have your strength. We love you guys and are praying for you and Jake daily. I know that Heavenly Father will bless your family. Please let us know if you need anything or if there is anything we can do.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Brad and Family
Derick & Ragnhild,
ReplyDeleteI was so sad to hear about your little sweetheart. My prayers have been with you constantly. Please know of my love and concern.
I will pray for a miracle in your behalf. If there is anything I can do to help out, please let me know. I mean it, babysit, cook, clean, whatever. You are all in my prayers. I know Heavenly Father will help you all through this.
Love,
Lee
Just want to let you know that we are praying for your family. We have been thinking about you and in every prayer throughout the day are remembering you. We are inspired by the strength of your faith in this difficult time.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Ryan, Jenny and the Spencer family.
Just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you guys tonight. We are all praying for Jake. Love you lots! Let me know if you need anything.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Alyson, Shawn, Kole Mayson,& Austin
I know it doesn't always excuse their behavior, but sometimes doctors get jaded and cynical. It happens a lot in the medical field. It seems like if you've seen one case, you've seen them all. Don't let it get to you. Keep up the positive attitude and be happy when you can. Take care of yourself, so you can take care of your family. Still sending thoughts and prayers your way.
ReplyDeleteBrandi and family