Monday, July 19, 2010

Thought I'd write the viewing and funeral arrangements here for Jake. There will be a viewing on Wednesday the 21st, from 6-8pm, at Olpin-Hoopes Funeral Home in Heber. The address is 288 N. Main, Heber, Ut, 84032. The funeral will be held at the 2nd ward church building on Thursday the 22nd. There will also be a viewing there from 9:30-10:30am. The funeral will start at 11am. The address for the church is 1102 S. Center Street, Midway, Ut, 84049. There will be an obituary in The Salt Lake Tribune and The Wasatch Wave tomorrow.

It was surreal to sit at the funeral home and make all these arrangements for Jake. We also went to the cemetery to pick out a plot for him. We got one for ourselves at the same time, so we can be buried by each other. Ok, gotta do some other things now...

5 comments:

  1. Ragnhild and Family,
    I've been waiting to post a comment on your blog not knowing quite what to say. When we heard the news about Jake last night, the image that popped into my head was little Jake cuddling up on Ryan's shoulder at our cub scout hot dog roast at the shelter last year and when he later fell asleep in the same position. (I have pictures of that to give to you.) When we got home and were putting pajamas on Kjersti, we were telling her that her friend Jake from nursery went to Heaven. She asked why, and we told her that he went to live with his Father in Heaven and Jesus. And she said, "Oh." Then we asked her if Jake was happy, and she quickly said yes! :) And she's right. How lucky he is to be with Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother again. And free from the pain and evils of this world. I know Kjersti doesn't realize what has happened, but she knows that Jesus is real and wants to make him happy and that Jake is with Jesus and he is happy. Oh the power of children's thoughts and words. My heart hurts for you everytime I look at Kjersti playing and talking and being crazy, and think about losing her. Your strength is amazing to me. The fact that you can even express what you're feeling in words is in itself comforting to me. I know that Jake is in Heaven watching over your family. You are such an amazing person and just keep living everyday to the fullest and moving forward. Remember that today is a gift, that's why it is called "The Present." Take the memories that Jake left with you and who knows who will need your strength you've gained from this experience in the future. We continue to pray for your family. I feel so blessed to have known little Jake during his short life here on Earth and thank you and your family for sharing your love and friendship with us.
    Ryan, Bonnie, Kjersti and Katelyn Norton

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. ~From a headstone in Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me think of you and your time at hand,~I Wish heaven had a phone so I could hear your voice again. I thought of you today, but that is nothing new. I thought of you yesterday and days before that too. I think of you in silence, I often speak your name. All I have are memories and a picture frame. Your memory is a keepsake for which I'll never part. God has you in his arms... I have you in my heart ~ Please let us know if you need anything, even if you dont "need" anything come chat or pick up the phone, god bless your hearts and give you the streangth you need to continue on your paths, Love Arron, Noni, Gage, Dustyn and Bradyn Jeffs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to tell you that I was so touched at the funeral today. It was BEAUTIFUL and so inspiring. You have an amazing family and McCall and Zane were so cute as they participated. I loved McCall's talk and Zane's prayer was PRECIOUS...what good boys you have. Please know that Brad and I are keeping you all in our prayers. I think that both you and Derick are an example of great parenthood and strength. You touch my heart and today was a day I will never forget. Thank you for allowing us all to get a peek at what a special little guy Jake really is!
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. The service was amazing! I am so glad you and Derick spoke. I hope you are able to relax, and rest. Let me know if you want to go to lunch, or just chat. Maybe you won't want to do anything...that is ok too. Just thinking about you! Hang in there! Love Nicki

    ReplyDelete