Saturday, July 10, 2010

It's been a week since this nightmarish kind of life started. A week of such depression you wouldn't think you would be able to get out of it, and then you turn around and you have all these great people standing by you, waiting for the chance to help your little insignificant family out. The outpouring of love and support we feel is mind boggling to us. Everywhere we turn there are such incredible people, giving us a smile, cheering Jake on. Even here in the PICU, where there are over 30+ kids at any given moment(ranging in ages from infants to 18 year olds), and parents struggling with heartache similar, better or worse than us, the parents are reaching out to us. Amazing!

This day is not over, but I'm reflecting on things and just felt like writing some thoughts down. Jake is still the same - wonder if I'll ever get sick of saying that? He still gets mad whenever they work on his lungs, which is every 4 hours. They're giving him this amnesia medicine that they say will help him not remembering what is going on, and I pray he doesn't remember!

I might write something later, I might not. I'll see how things go the rest of the day. Almost forgot to mention that his lungs are improving, so there's some good news:)

6 comments:

  1. Any good news is great news for us. We are thinking about you guys constantly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ragnhild, jeg ringte deg idag, men selvfoelgelig saa har du viktigere ting aa gjoere enn aa svare for meg! Ville bare at du skulle vite at jeg tenker paa deg og ber for deg og din familie. Kjempe glad i deg! Kan ikke tro de proevelsene vi maa gaa igjennom paa denne jord! Jeg haaper det hjelper deg aa ha evangeliets kunnskap akkurat naa. Jeg kommer til Utah om noen uker. Hvis det er noe du skulle trengt, saa si ifra.
    Love you!
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you got this blog up and going. We have been praying and thinking of you constantly. We hope your wonderful family is finding some kind of comfort and strength in all our prayers. We love you guys and pray for that miracle for your family. I wish there was more we could do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that there is some improvement. You are ALL in our thoughts and prayers. Please take care of yourselves so you can continue to take care of your precious little one. God Bless...
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came across your blog from Mary at "You May Say I'm A Dreamer. I know you don't know me, nor I you, but I was moved to pray for your little one. I hope you don't mind if I follow your blog so that I could intercede and pray for Jake and your family. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete