I keep thinking good things about Jake and how things will turn out, yet in the back of my mind I am terrified! There's just not very many encouraging signs. Don't mean to be a downer, but all I really want is my baby back. We looked at some pictures of him tonight from when he was younger. There's one from about a year ago where he has chocolate ice cream all over his face and he has the biggest smile. Good memories:-)
Today has been a lot better then yesterday. He still moves around, but not nearly as much as he did, which is good. The fever he had earlier is also gone. He seems to be comfortable. The nurses are 'fighting' over who gets to take care of him tomorrow. We so want to come back and do some kind of service project here when this is over with. Hygiene kits, blankets, toys, whatever, just something.
Praying that tomorrow will be even better.
Ragnhild, I've been reading all about my great-great grandfather in preparation for the trek. He was what you might call "unlucky" when it comes to health issues, whether it was sickness or accidents. Again and again doctors told his parents, him, his wife--whomever it concerned--that he wouldn't make it. So many times the doctors said that he couldn't possibly live through this or that or that he only had a few days or hours to live. Each time he was administered to and given a priesthood blessing. Each time he was healed. Point is, the doctors do the best they can with what they know, but when it comes down to it, Heavenly Father is in charge. I know that, with all the prayers and faith being exercised on Jake's behalf, Heavenly Father's will, whatever that might be, will be done. Just listen to the Spirit and you and Derick will know what to do. The wait and the not knowing has got to make you crazy, but when the time is right, you'll know, I know it. I just keep hoping and praying that that means you WILL get your baby back. But if not....I know Heavenly Father loves you.
ReplyDeleteYou guys are amazing. Thank you for sharing your cutest boys with us. We LOVE them! And we love you.
Love, Elise
As hard as it is PCMC is the best place to be and you always want to give something back. I would be glad to help you. For Bryson's birthday the end of this month we are giving something to PCMC surgical floor to remind us of what he went through and to give back. We are going to do it every year on his birthday and at Christmas.
ReplyDeleteHang in there, we are praying for you and I hope you have a good day.
Dawnelle
I just have to say that as I have read all of the comments left on this sweet blog, I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the opportunity to know such beautiful women! Honsetly! The outpouring of sincere love and concern from friends, family and even total strangers is overwhelmeing and humbling. What a blessing it is to live amongst such strong, faithful women. And Ragnhild, you are UNBELIEVABLE!! You have so much faith and the very fact that you are sharing this heart-wrenching story is a testament to the wonderful mother and woman you are. You are a strength to all of us...May the Lord continue to bless you and your family with strength and peace as you endure this difficult time...Thank you again for sharing a part of your life with all of us!
ReplyDeleteA friend of mine posted on her blog about your family and while I am stranger to you I wanted you to know that I am praying for you and your family, as well as crying with you. You are inspiration, a truly faithful womam and it is very humbling to follow your blog. Since her posting I have been checking your blog every day hoping that your prayers are being answered. We will continue to hope and pray with you and for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteI wish you could have your baby back just the way he was. :(
ReplyDeleteOh ... I don't know what to say. My heart aches to say something that would take your pain away. I love when I read these posts, that you are constantly bearing your testimony that you know Heavenly Father lives and that sometimes prayers are not answered the way we want them to be. Know that no matter the outcome, you and your family will come away stronger. As hard as trials are, and even though we don't understand, they are so strengthen us. I pray for your sweet Jake's full recovery. I cannot imagine the anguish and heartache you are experiencing. Please know you and your sweet family are in our family's thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDelete~Natalie Thurman
http://www.gnbrthurman.blogspot.com/
You have beautiful boys, Ragnhild. That will never change! They will always be your beautiful boys forever throughout eternity.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad Jake had a more peaceful day today. We continue to pray for him and your family.
Love you,
Sarah, Brad and the girls