Derick and I have been talking a lot tonight about what the doctors say. We just want you all to know that our faith is still strong even if Jake passes away. It's really difficult to write this, but we are afraid that people will stop believing in miracles and that their faith will turn weak. We know that there is a loving Father in Heaven, and just because bad things happen doesn't mean that he doesn't care. And who's to say that dying is a bad thing? We are still hoping and praying for a miracle, but just want you all to know that he is our little miracle, and how can you show how strong you are unless you are faced with difficulties? It's how you handle things when the going gets tough that will ultimately prove what kind of a person you are. I love you Jake!
Jake is still giving the nurses a hard time, so we hope that he can have a restful night, and then we'll see what tomorrow brings. One day at a time...
We are thinking and praying for you always. Your hard is taken care of and your sister has been in contact with us, please use us to help you get through this tough time. Your blog is so wonderful to find out the most current info on Jake. You sound so strong! Just reading this helped me deal with my Lucy emotions today on "why does our family have to go through this?" which I am sure you are going through as well. To cry and have to feel grief is normal. It will be a roller coaster ride no matter what happens in the end. As you said to me in the hospital... "we have to wait and see, time will tell". Stay strong in your faith. The atonement is not only to heal sin but to heal pain, frustration, loss, and fear of the unknown. There is a master plan and God knows the Davis family and is well aware of what you are going through right now. He loves Jake and knows he is strong and that is why he is allowing him to teach all of us right now by this experience. We will hope for a miracle.... we believe! We love you guys. Sleep when you can. -Heimburger Family
ReplyDeleteYou have such great faith and you are so strong!!! You and Derick are such an inspiration to us all! Here I am trying to think of how I can be of any help, and you are the one holding me up!!!! I love you guys!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing. I cry every time I read your updates. I love you guys and keep praying for you guys. You are right. Death is not a bad thing, it can be quite a blessing. Miracles happen everyday and sometimes dying is the mircale to avoid so much pain and suffering just to live in this hard world. My heart hurts for you. Stay strong and you are in my thoughts and prayers constantly.
ReplyDeleteBy way of introduction, I am Jeff, Tracy and Troy's mom. From the moment the kids let me know about Jake, friends and total strangers from California to New York have been praying for all of you.
ReplyDeleteThat's one of the miracles of the electronic times we live in. Within moments, total strangers banding together in prayer. The word goes out, within minutes knees are bent, heads bow and prayers begin.
Over the years, my definition of faith has changed and grown. I now find faith to be a knowing that I am ALWAYS in the right place at any given moment.
That place may not always be the most comfortable place.
As parents, we always want the very best for our children and we move heaven and earth to provide that for them. So, why would I expect or believe my heavenly parents aren't always doing the same thing for me?
In my most dark and uncomfortable situations, the knowledge that God has my back gives me the ability to stand a little taller and stick my nose above the pile of shit I'm standing in. Taking a deep breath and moving forward.
Doctors do not tend to be uplifting individuals. Try to avoid going down the rabbit hole with them. An ounce of mother is worth a pound of doctors.
The strength of a mother's heart knows no limitations. Faith and courage are her clothing. Love is her countenance. Stand tall and take a deep breath. God has your back.