Friday, July 9, 2010

Today started out hard, and not for any other reason then that we are still here. Jake is still the same, but seriously, who knew what a roller coaster of emotions you could go through in one day!

They are going to start cutting back on his medicine tomorrow which will probabaly be really difficult for us to watch, because he gets really agitated when somebody touches him and messes around with him. I shouldn't say that they mess around, but that's what it feels like sometimes. We know that they're just doing their jobs, but it's frustrating to watch him when he gets like that.

Tonight he is moving a little more then one of our nurses has seen him do, and when I say moving I mean that he kind of shakes or trembles. It's hard to explain what he does, to me it looks like he is shivering because he is cold. The doctors are actually standing here in his room right now trying to decide if they should give him some more meds. The verdict is in, and they are. Guess we'll see how he does with this one on top of all the others...

Today ended a lot better then it started, and the reason for that is one of the amazing nurses they have here. She just kind of gave us a little pep talk. The way you word yourself can really make a world of difference!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there guys. We are thinking of you and praying for your family.

    Love,
    Brad, Sarah and girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided this morning that I would dedicate the Trek to Jake. I will wear his name around my neck as we travel by handcart next week. I am believing in the miricle. I hope today goes well as you back off the meds. We love you guys and miss having your house full of action. Love you and take care! Love Nicki and the Scott fam

    ReplyDelete