Sunday, July 11, 2010

Well, the doctor came in this morning and she is not very optimistic about Jake's future. Don't know what to say about that... She talked about all kinds of options that we can choose from when the time comes. Derick just lost it. He cried and cried, and I feel like that's the kind of reaction she was looking for from both of us. We realize how grave the situation is, but at the same time they tell us to wait and see what happens once the medicine is out of his body, very conflicting stories! Instead of completely freaking out myself, and crying my eyes out, I went and said a little prayer. I still feel that we just have to wait and see. If it turns out that he isn't able to do things, well, I can't think of a happier place for him to be then with our Heavenly Father. Keep praying for a miracle, they really and truly happen all the time!

16 comments:

  1. The boys came by today. Kara and Gavin were excited to see them. Church was good today. The main speaker in Sacrament said, "When the storms hit it reveals our true discipleship." I think you have a solid perspective. I would say you have learned your lesson if you are able to get to such a unselfish place. You are what I could only hope to be. Keep the Faith! Love Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that you receive such horrible news today about little Jake. But I agree that miracles do happen. Prayer is an amazing gift we have been given from our Heavenly Father. I will continue to use that gift and hope that it will help your family in someway. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know me, but my mom (Elaine Wilkerson) and Carol Davis have been best friends for years. My dad was in the Critical Care Unit for 6 weeks after a massive heart attack and other health issues he was dealing with. Nearly every day the doctors would bring us bad news in regards to his condition. They continuously told us to prepare ourselves for his death. Just know that as knowledgeable as they are, doctors can still only give educated guesses. After several blessing following each and every obstacle and coutless prayers my dad pulled through and eventually came home with us. During this time, a doctor who is afamily friend told us to not get too discouraged after hearing bad news because there could be good news just around the corner. Miracles do happen. Never give up hope. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  4. You , Dierk and Jake have been in my heart & in our prayers all week. You are such a strong woman. Thank you for writing and sharing your feelings. Kim also sends her love. I did not know until after church that Blake had been fasting for Jake today. Day by day, minute by minute. Hang in~ We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing! Your faith shines as a beacon to all of us who are praying and hoping for miracles! Thank you for sharing.
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there. I am so sorry for what your family is going through. I hope you guys can gain some comfort in knowing that you have an amazing support system of family that truly loves you and is thinking and praying for you daily. I know that Jake can feel all of the live and support and it probably gives him the strength he needs. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
    Love,
    Brandi and family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ragnhild,
    You and your family and especially Jake have been in my thoughts and prayers since this terrible tragedy. When I heard I walked around aimlessly for a minute then fell to my knees. My heart hurts for you, for Jake, for Derick, the boys. I called my sister in Florida and she has Jake in her prayer circle. My niece, my mom, my grandma, my sister's best friend and others I don't even know are praying for Jake. My little niece who lives in Maryland and just turned 2 in April is praying for Jake as well. I hope that you know that there are so many people sending waves of love to you and yours. I read your posts and think- you choose Grace, more than Grief. And its beautiful. Much love to you and your beautiful boys. --Luna Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ragnhild~
    I am so sorry that you got such sad news this morning! I am not very good at this but please know that you, Derick and the boys are in our thoughts and prayers and aolways have been. I truly look up to you, you have amazing streanght and such an over all loving person, PLEASE let me know if their is anything I can do for you. We love you all. Miracles can happen!!! Love Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your in our thoughts and prayers! The Heckels

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ragnhild,

    I'm so sorry about the news this morning. The conflicting predictions from the medical professionals can be so frustrating and can use up so much energy. Doctors are great, but they don't know everything and you are right - miracles do happen. We are praying for you all and thinking about you constantly.

    Please give Derick and your sweet boys our love.

    Lots of love,
    Sarah, Brad, Emily, Jane and Kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ragnhild,
    I just wanted to let you know you are also in my prayers. I also believe mircales happen and I pray your family receives that miracle and the strength to cope. I have also asked friends and family of mine to pray for you. You are loved and we are hoping for the best for your family.
    Love Colette and Mix Broadhead

    ReplyDelete
  12. ragnhild,
    just thinking a lot about you and how strong you are. greg & i aren't very good at knowing what to say or do, but want you to know how much we're thinking of you & praying all the time for you & your family & your sweet little boy. please know how much we love you guys & all your boys. we will continue to have you all in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tenker på dere masse, hele tiden!!!! Ber dag og natt. Er kjempeglad i deg! Hang in there!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ragnhild & Derick. You are an amazing family!! Our lives and hearts have been touched and strengthened by your great faith. Your family and especially precious little Jake are in our thoughts and prayers constantly. We are so fortunate to have a loving Father in Heaven who will never leave us alone - especially in our times of trial. We, too, know that miracles can and do happen. I know it must be hard, but thank you so much for posting the progress of little Jake. We love you and continue to pray for all of you. Sincerely, Gary and Marjean Garowski

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry you received this news today. Our God is in the miracle business and I know that NOTHING is impossible for Him. Standing in the gap for miracle for Jake. Grace and strength to you and to your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I keep seeing the image of Jake running down the street, laughing as you are attempting to chase him down. That tenatious character is what drives him and he isn't one to give up so easily. Do you know that in the NICU premature babies with little hope who have that type of personality are the ones who have the best survival rate? They even go as far as nicknaming infants tough names like Jake to promote this hardier trait. We have all prayed for God's will to be done, and in the end, only He sees the entire picture. Just remember that he is strong, just like his mommy.
    Angela Hartley

    ReplyDelete